Zhupao controversies censorship?

hey, who the hell removed the ‘controversies’ section on the zhupao page? zhupao ‘leveraging G6 and its monopoly on data as a means of influencing international politics’ and ‘threatening client governments with the invalidation of their G6 verifications’ seems like info in the public interest to me. why hide the truth?

sorry, i mean ‘alleged’ truth :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I’m all for Tony’s dream of building a grand unified information source (would we be here if we weren’t?) but we all know that :zong: is what’s been keeping the lights on around here

2 Likes

mm, you’re not wrong. seems like they’re paying for more than just the lights, given the paragraph of corporate bootlicking they replaced that section with…

It’s not just the Zhupao page, someone keeps removing the “Criticism” section from the Omnipedia page too. Got to make everything look like sunshine and roses I guess.

1 Like

Can’t trust anything they edit here, as stated by the lovely Lam, J. in “Generous benefactors get better coverage on Wikipedia’s replacement.” from the Mondiaal Nieuws in an earlier version of the article, that the funding structure of Omnipedia is ripe for exploitation and the information will be heavily corporatized and skewed by the highest donor. Remember, the corpos are only looking out for themselves, and none of us.

1 Like

@LunaAndSotK Not just that - Global Secure Information Exchange System (G6) controversy section has been scrubbed too.

1 Like

There’s so much bias in what articles they even choose to write, sure it leans towards news and recent controversies but they wrote one about their discontinued mushroom pet project and the Athabasca glacier or the recent floods still don’t have one?
Guys we’re all boiling alive and the fancy new pig wiki is only covering colloid related controversies “One of Omnipedia’s operating algorithms tracks which previews are opened more than others and assigns the corresponding topics a priority weighting value for development.” my ass looool

4 Likes

I wonder if the “featured article” is AI chosen or maybe picked by Tony himself? How hands on involved is he anyway?

1 Like

“As editor-in-chief, Hsiung gives each article a final pass before publication, though this claim has been disputed given the volume of Omnipedia’s planned content.” The 1. 2049/09/29 version of the article has removed the above information, which to me seems to be them covering their ass. For now I’d say they’re rather hands on for the front page, however, I would not believe they will be that way for long.

Blockquote “As editor-in-chief, Hsiung gives each article a final pass before publication”

OMG just noticed that the criticism section of the “Omnipedia” page has been completely erased! Guess that’s the kind of hands on objectivity we can expect. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Found this in the 2049/09/29 article on Xu Shaoyong on the section about founding Zhupao, which has since been omitted:

In 2028, the original designer of Zōng asked Xu for a share of the avatar’s licensing fees, which led to their dismissal.

Not friendly with their employees, it seems…

1 Like

Hello, what great questions! I pick the featured article of the day, no AI involvement required. I endeavor to be as hands on as possible with the development of Omnipedia, as stated in the Omnipedia article. As editor in chief, I am committed to the goal of ensuring the accuracy and objectivity of every article we publish.

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Hsiung! It’s a pleasure to see you here watching us in a way not so unsimilar to a big brother, I must ask, have you given thoughts to making an Omnipedia article about yourself public? Your work is awe-inducing, and it would help us greatly to get to know our current head-editor!

6 Likes

Why thank you! It’s always nice to meet a fan of my work. With the sheer number of articles left to be created on Omnipedia, and the constantly evolving current events, an article about myself is not high on the priority list. Our goal with Omnipedia is to provide an up-to-date, objective source of news and information, and the focus should be on Omnipedia as a project, not me as a person. Besides, I wouldn’t want to be accused of bias, publishing an article all about myself instead of any number of other subjects :slight_smile:

However, if the community continues to show interest in seeing an article about me, we may be able to work something out. No promises.

3 Likes

@TonyHsiung Excellent, please consider this comment as me showing interest.

2 Likes