What is going on with Polysemic Sortilege? RIP Bentoumi

The newest update on Waite’s page has my head spinning: Efrim Waite: Changes since 2049/10/04 | Omnipedia

• The Song Weaver Beheld Us??? Whomst??? My first thought was that Efrim is the song weaver because they write the songs but I’m not sure that fits. Is someone doing sacrifices?

• Why did Efrim’s song foreshadow the death? Or did someone who had access to the song use it for inspiration? Are these murders tributes somehow?

• Nadira Bentoumi is dead! With identical wounds!!! And the sources cite an article that says Waite isn’t a suspect but that other bandmate Rokaya Toussaint IS. What is going on??? Bentoumi being killed just as Efrim mysteriously disappears and reappears? What is this group wrapped up in?

• Also, weirdly, the whole section on Xu having a copy of Waite’s second album and refusing to hand it over has been removed.

My first thought was Efrim too. It could also maybe be a reference to the “life-changing experience” the bandmates had in October 2019 that caused them to form the band?

• Why did Efrim’s song foreshadow the death? Or did someone who had access to the song use it for inspiration? Are these murders tributes somehow?

Right? Is Efrim just…incredibly psychic/prescient? Why did they stay in that same hotel room a year prior, and what does that have to do with Djebarri’s murder?

I am…worried for Rokaya Toussaint at this point. To me, she’s an incredibly unlikely suspect in her bandmates’ deaths and much more likely to be in danger herself.

2 Likes

Just throwing in a thought I had regarding the the disappearance of Toussaint:
Their Violin was found near caves in a restricted area of the Arabika Massif.
We also know that Efrim acquired a majority stake in PenCréant and enlisted the company to replicate ancient grimoires and musical instruments to their specifications.

Maybe something we should consider. Is the found Violin even the original? What the heck is going on?

1 Like