This is the only thing that makes sense.
- G6 was launched sometimes in 2040, depending on what you count as a “launch”.
- G6 has been tracking Adira since 2041.
- G6 says that Adira has “unfettered” access to G6’s network.
- Zhupao provided “IT infrasctructure and colloid designs” necessary for G6.
- Omnia was created in 2041, and specifically provides network access to users.
It is way more likely to me that a Zhupao employee managed to install some sort of backdoor for themselves while the company was designing G6 or when Omnia rolled out compared to the alternative - that a hacker or collective managed to get into what has to be one of the most secure network on the planet in less than a year.
I kinda feel dumb for not noticing earlier, I connected the strings while playing around with the pipeline thingy. Connected the pipes I guess.
But yeah, if they worked on G6 then both their access and capacity to acquire that are plausible. Given that the attack on Xu was done through Omnius, Adira being a suspect makes sense - the only alternatives are that someone else hacked into Omnius, or that an(other ?) Omnius employee did it.
So the next question is : if they are or were an employee, how in all the hecks hasn’t G6 caught them yet ? You’d think checking the people who worked on the project would be the first thing they did. That’s why they held Hong Lian, right ? So presumbably Adira bailed before they got caught.
So what I’m saying is that @caleb was right all along and that Amankwah-Crouse is extremely suspect. Any other Zhupao employees we might want to keep an eye on ?