Amankwah-Crouse is being framed

Look I know I just said like 4 hours ago that she was suspicious, but take a look at this :

Someone just edited the Zhupao article to make Xu seems suspicious of her right as she is accused of murdering him, when it previously painted him as suspicious of “russian elements” (whatever that means). This isn’t even trying to be subtle.

The article on Adira also casually announces that she has actually always been suspected of being Adira, actually, since that very statement actually made by Xu that one time in 2045 (no source given) when he actually wasn’t suspicious of russian involvement at all, actually.

I’m going to need a verifiable source for those, @whoever-edited-that-in, because that’s… extremely suspicious on so many levels.

Just… what the hell ?

5 Likes

Definitely not subtle. Xu Shaoyong’s article still has the original reference:

On October 13th 2045, Xu responded by claiming the QNN retrofits were “imperative, given the amount of data that G6 is meant to process.” Xu also pointed to his suspicion of “Russian elements” being involved in the data leak.

What the hell indeed?

1 Like

I guess if there’s one thing we’re learning about the Omnipedia editors it’s that they don’t think they need to be concerned with public opinion. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I agree with you, I think she’s being framed but the question is - who really killed Xu?

My theory now is that Xu had started to turn against the whole G6 neural colloid… thing, and this is why he was killed, and framing Amankwah-Crouse along for the ride is even better. Get rid of Xu, get rid of Golitsyn, and get rid of Amankwah-Crouse. BOOM.

Xu had turned against neural colloids and G6 for whatever reason, at whatever point - why else was he meeting with Golitsyn?

Also, isn’t it a bit suspicious that the investigative lead, Wei Kailiang

… entered into service in 2029 as a drone operator during the 2028-2031 Sino-Indian War.

2 Likes

I mean if he has turned yeah, that’s an excellent way of getting rid of 3 dangerous people in one fell swoop. And you’re right that it’s… interesting that they would meet so urgently when or just before chinese police starts suspecting Yuri of carrying anti-G6 tech. But.

Xu had no reason to change his stance on G6. Heck, he was against G6 and fought the CCP on it… right up until they gave him the helm in (as usual at this point) very fishy circumstances, and since then he’s been all about it for 9 years.

If we can find some motive for him turning against G6 I’d be more on board, but for now I can’t see it.
The most pressing questions to me on their meeting are :

• Why couldn’t the meeting wait until Golitsyn got to Beijing, where he was going anyway ?
  • What on earth were they talking about ?
  • Where did Xu’s helicopter stop between Zhupao headquarters and the Beijing airport ?
  • Who is the third passenger ?

Once we know why Xu and Yuri needed to meet with such urgency, we have a pretty strong motive for their assassination (stopping that from happening), and once we have that finding the perpetrators will be easier. I think the answer to the questions above would go a long way to getting us there.

But for now we’re just shooting into the dark. And that’s without getting into the disinformation we’re seeing spread all over the news… urgh. The more we learn about this the more I feel lost

Was he against really G6 though? My interpretation was more that he didn’t object to the idea of G6 or networking humanity together via colloids in general, he objected to the CCP doing it with Huawei and the CETC instead of Zhupao & Sanial, and to the fact that they were going to link it to their oppressive surveillance platforms.

If Xu “won” the power struggle with the CCP in April/May 2040 (or thought he did,) and truly cared about point #2 above, he would have excluded those surveillance platforms from G6 integration. If he later found out that they weren’t excluded but were in fact expanded…he’d have motive.

I know that’s a lot of “if” statements. I do think it’s likely that Xu somehow came out on top of that power struggle with the CCP though. What kind of help he had to do that, or whether they just let him think he’d won, I don’t know.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I was definetely assuming that Xu had won that power struggle and that he didn’t actually care about the biosurveillance - he just wanted it to benefit him (calling it being “against” was bad wording). But those add up to a bunch of those “if” statements, now that I’m reexamining my thought process.

So… consider my objections way less strongly held ? I am much more convinced that context holds the key to all of this, though. We keep running into questions that lead to more questions.

1 Like

I truly have no idea if Xu Shaoyong had changed his mind about G6, or why he would have - but given the other people caught up or harmed by his assasination, it all would make more sense if he had, somehow. Or if there was some other reason to get rid of him.

2 Likes

Hello Omnipedian! We at Omnipedia are concerned only with being as accurate and reliable as possible. Thank you for sharing your concerns, but I assure you they are unfounded. :slight_smile: